Monday, April 14, 2008

refuge...

where do you go to find refuge when life gets a little uneasy? where do you find strength? it is so easy to turn to places of comfort...friends, family, food...all kinds of places to turn to for comfort and to feel safe. what do you do when the storms of life are affecting all the places you feel safe?
turn to Him....Psalm 73:26 says "...my flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever..."
i am learning more and more that everything I have is sustained by His strength....He is the strength of my heart, the strength of my peace, the strength of my joy, the strength of my understanding, the strength of my forgiveness, the strength of my love....
when i take refuge in Him i find this strength!

i make my dwelling in the shelter of the most high...therefore i sing!
i find my rest Lord in the shadows of the wings of my king!

my prayer today...
Lord, I choose today to open my heart and take refuge in You. Give me a song to sing today as I recognize and experience your strength in every area of my live! I love you Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.