Sunday, March 30, 2008

the last first

some of life's last firsts can be exciting and sad all at the same time...we just had one of those this week. nate (our 6 year old son) lost his first tooth...he was excited, scared, uncertain...the tooth was so loose it could have just fallen out...after pleading with him to let me get it he finally agreed...however he kept biting my fingers as I tried to get a grip on the tooth...after about 30 minutes of great effort we got the tooth out...he said it didn't even hurt and he didn't cry at all! What a big boy!
As a dad those first experiences with a child are great moments that will be remembered...but knowing this was the last time I would experience this first with one of my children made me realize even more the value of time...it passes by quickly.
remember to spend quality time with your family!

No comments: