Sunday, March 30, 2008

acquire the fire

more memories came rushing back this week...Friday afternoon after spending the day in one of my out-of-town offices I took Luke to the Sundance hotel to meet the other young people from his youth group. they were gathering to go to Acquire the Fire...a convention that will bring together thousands of young people with the goal of igniting their passion for Jesus! I was so excited that Luke wanted to go...he was really ready and excited. the memories of youth conventions gone by rushed through my heart and mind as I dropped him off. I'm so thankful for Art and Trish Seib, our youth pastors...they made it easy for me to feel confident about leaving him so far from home. I pulled to the back of the hotel and sat in my truck and just cried for several minutes. I know God has big plans for Luke's life...it is one of my greatest joys to help steer him toward his destiny.
i love you luke!

your time is coming soon too hope, noah, and nate! God has big plans for each of you!
i love you hope! i love you noah! i love you nate!

2 comments:

Life's an adventure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life's an adventure said...

Wow...you have had a week filled with a lot of memories and firsts!